Connection Problem

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.warande.net
Tue Nov 20 10:53:03 CET 2001

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 07:57:46PM -0800, Daniel Holden wrote:

>     I have set up a test vpn between two masquerading firewalls.  I
> don't really see any way to test it so I've been pinging.  When I ping
> serverA from serverB (or vicea-versa) I can see that the pings reach the
> intended target but the pingee does not recieve the replys.  Is this a
> firewall issue?  Forwarding?  I'm using RedHat 7.2, kernel 2.4.7-10smp.
> Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

It can depend on a lot of things. Could you send us:

- Output of "ifconfig -a" when tinc runs,
- Output of "route",
- tinc.conf and all files in hosts/ from both firewalls,
- Output of "iptables -L -v",
- Output of "iptables -t nat -L -v"

>     The email link at http://tinc.nl.linux.org/mail.html  doesn't seem
> to work.  In Netscape it wants to send to 3 users (tinc, at,
> nl.linux.org).  Looking at the html source shows mailto:tinc at
> nl.linux.org.  Of course I figured it out but thought you might like to
> know.

It was intentionally, it prevents spammers from harvesting email
addresses. It's common practice.

  Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.warande.net>