tinc 1.0pre4 released

Eduard Bloch edi at gmx.de
Mon May 28 18:44:46 CEST 2001

#include <hallo.h>
Guus Sliepen wrote on Sun May 27, 2001 um 03:35:02PM:

> Correct, but it did not function correctly in 2.4 last time I checked.

But it did the last time I checked, with 2.4.2 or so.

> It is compatible, you can connect tinc daemons with mixed ethertap and tun/tap
> drivers. I run such a setup myself.

Good.

> >   an option like "post-exec", so "ifup tap0" is executed on success.
> >   Alternatively, distribution maintainers could provide this in their
> >   init scripts, but I would prefer the first option.
>
> Read the documentation, and look for the "tinc-up" script :).

That is where I would insert the ifconfig and/or ifup calls.
Unfortunately, Debian package does not use this feature yet.

Gr{us,eeting}s,
Eduard.
--
"The three principal virtues of a programmer are Laziness, Impatience,
and Hubris"                              (from the man-page for perl).