Dynamic IP clients.

Eduard Bloch edi at gmx.de
Thu May 24 13:07:40 CEST 2001

#include <hallo.h>
Reinier Zwitserloot wrote on Thu May 24, 2001 um 01:00:52PM:

>   At home I just have a modem, and a dynamic IP dialup provider.
>   Is there any way that I can automate connecting from a dynamic
>   IP address with tinc?

Of course. Install the tinc server on your Linux gateway in the office
and configure your home-side tinc daemon as client connecting to the
office gateway. Dont't forget to:

- assign the tap devices the right hw address
- set netmask (AND broadcast address) on tap devices wide enough to
  match all pakets in the virtuall subnets
- open firewall rules to allow the connection between subnets.

Good luck,
Eduard.
--
"Programmieren ist kalter Kaffee" (aus einer PC-Zeitschrift)

-
Tinc site:    http://ftp.nl.linux.org/pub/linux/tinc/