tap1 problem

Gillian gillianh at paper-graphics.com
Wed May 9 11:57:50 CEST 2001

Dear Guus,

Thanks for your help.  I actually found out the answer myself by scouring
the internet. This is what I did:

Compile ethertap device as a module in the Linux 2.2.18 kernel.

Edit the  /etc/modules.conf   file and add the following lines:

alias tap0 ethertap
options tap0 -o tap0 unit=0
alias tap1 ethertap
options tap1 -o tap1 unit=1
alias tap2 ethertap
options tap2 -o tap2 unit=2

Now that the module configurations are set up, you can test them by:

/sbin/modprobe tap1       -->  makes the tap1 interface available
/sbin/ifconfig -a              -->  shows the available interfaces

Once available, they can be used with tinc  :)

Anyway, maybe that will help someone else..

Regards,
Gillian.