Question about building tinc pre4

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.warande.net
Wed Jun 20 13:07:18 CEST 2001

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 03:29:26PM +0200, Ivo Timmermans wrote:

> Cris van Pelt wrote:
> > tinc should, of course, figure this out for itself by checking for dlopen()
> > in -ldl.
>
> >From the ChangeLog:
>
>         * autogen.sh, configure.in:
>         - Don't link with -ldl anymore
>

> libcrypto.a uses libdl calls, but tinc doesn't.  Somewhere along the
> line, something went wrong.

Well, the problem is that static libraries apparently do not include
dependencies on other libraries like shared ones do. I don't know if
libcrypto.a should have been linked with libdl.a or not...  We can put the -ldl
back in, but it would make no sense if you would build a shared version of
tinc.  Anyone here who thinks he knows what the best thing to do is?

  Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.warande.net>