tinc dies after some days/weekes of normal activity

Jamie Briggs jamie.briggs at computalog.com
Fri Dec 14 17:25:04 CET 2001

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 12:22:31PM +0100, Guus Sliepen wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 11:42:03AM +0200, Kostadin Galabov wrote:
>
> > If I remember correct there was a fix for this problem in CVS version a long
> > time ago. I never had it as I use pre3. Try to compile CVS version
>
> I do not remember this problem. Do you remember exactly how long ago it
> was fixed?

This sounds exaclty like a problem we had running pre1.  The problem was
that socket filedescriptors were not being closed.  After tinc had run
long enough and enough connections had come and gone the maximum file
descriptor limit was reached and the bad filedescriptor messages started
appearing.

It was fixed in pre2, as I recall.

- Jamie
Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/