cannot route packet: unknown type 0

Peter Berends pberends at upc.nl
Thu Dec 13 12:06:56 CET 2001

	Sure, (b.t.w. extremely quick answer ;),

	I use linux Mandrake 8.0 with a custom 2.4.3 kernel (with tun/tap
enabled in the kernel, not as a module).
	To create the device I used a tinc-up script which has the following
contents:

	#!/bin/sh
	# This file sets up the tap device.
	# It gives you the freedom to do anything you want with it.
	# Use the correct name for the tap device:
	# For ethertap this is tap0, tap1, tap2 etcetera,
	# but for the universal tun/tap device use $NETNAME.

	# Set hardware ethernet address (required!)
	ifconfig $NETNAME hw ether fe:fd:0:0:0:0

	# Give it the right ip and netmask. Remember, the subnet of the
	# tap device must be larger than that of the individual Subnets
	# as defined in the host configuration file!
	ifconfig $NETNAME 192.168.6.1 netmask 255.255.0.0 -arp

	Then I fire up 'tincd -n midkemia' and the device is created.

	I used tinc version 1.0pre4 using these command-line options for
configure:
	--prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/s
	hare/man --infodir=/usr/share/info

	I tried to compile the CVS version but that didn't work (a lot of
errors about undeclared variables and stuff).

	Thanks again (also for the fastest reply I have ever had)!

	Peter.

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure and may include proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person

Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/