Bug report (and workaround): the network freezes when the key expires

Johannes Lode johannes.lode at gmx.net
Wed Aug 22 17:33:57 CEST 2001

Hello Guus,

I'm now using your incredible tool since May and it works good for me.

But I had to figure out a problem with the network (at the moment only a
peer to peer network with one dial up peer), when the key of the
connecting host (the dial up peer, not the "server") expires.

Reexchanging the keys seems to work (according to the log files) but
after that the data flow is broken between reception from the open
network and sendign out the decrypted packets and no data passes through
the network interface any more.

My workaround for that is for now, to set the key life time up to
several hours (at the moment 5 hours), so that the connection mostly
will get terminated before the next key exchange is needed.

If you need log files and my configuration, please send eMail. I'd like
to help you improving your tool to it's best.

Thanx and best regards

Johnny

-
Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/