tinc1.0pre3

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.warande.net
Mon Jun 26 12:44:33 CEST 2000

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, [ISO-8859-1] Axel Müller wrote:

> I gave tinc1.0pre3 a test after the modifications you have done today.
> It insists that it is still 1.0pre2 but this is due to the fact the you
> used "1" as tag for configure.in rather than "CABAL".
> Anyway - results were not much more successful than yesterday:

The strange thing is:

> *** SERVER side log file from startup until sone seconds after connection
> was established ***
[...]
> Jun 25 21:14:49 lemon tinc.9[21698]: Sending PASSPHRASE to 192.168.9.100
> (213.54.42.228)

And there it ends. The client seemingly doesn't receive the PASSPHRASE
request, and doesn't send one back to the server. That's why no real
connection is made. Could you try to do exactly the same except that you
try it with indirectdata=no on both sides? I want to know if that makes a
difference.

I have tested a similar setup with indirectdata=no myself, and at least a
connection is made, and the packets are nicely sent to the uplink instead
of directly to the destination, and the uplink forwards them properly...

  Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.warande.net>
See also: http://tinc.nl.linux.org/
          http://www.kernelbench.org/

-