tinc doesn't listen/connect

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.warande.net
Sun Dec 17 16:37:16 CET 2000

On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 04:43:50PM +0100, Bart Friederichs wrote:

> I installed tinc as described in the documentation and started the tincd. It
> runs, all config files seem ok, but when I do a netstat -an, it isn't listening
> nor connected (to another tincd on another host). Is there a configfile error
> or something else?

Tinc should in any case open at least one listening TCP connection when it
runs. Check if it really runs. We can tell you more if you send us your
configuration files!

> Getting the right info wasn't easy either. The info on the homepage seems old,
> since the manpages say other configuration issue.

It clearly says on the homepage that the texinfo documentation is outdated,
and that you should refer to the manpages instead.

  Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.warande.net>
See also: http://tinc.nl.linux.org/
          http://www.kernelbench.org/