Tinc configuration for PowerPC

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Wed Apr 18 22:40:45 CEST 2018

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 07:47:01AM +0000, Zapata Frank wrote:

> Binary ($HOME/tinc/tinc-1.0.33/src/tincd) has been copied on my PowerPC (/usr/bin/tincd).
> But when I try to start tinc, tincd searches all configuration files into /usr/local/etc. (I don't know if it's correct, because others installations leave those configurations into /etc/tinc).

By default, when you run ./configure without any arguments, it will
install everything in to /usr/local. The idea is that this ensures you
will not overwrite any files from your operating system/distribution.
To ensure tinc reads the config files from /etc and puts the pid file in
/var/run, configure tinc like so:

./configure --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var

You can also override the compiled in paths at runtime using the
--config and --pidfile options.