Bug report/compiling with debug.

Mike O'Driscoll modriscoll at clearpathrobotics.com
Thu Jun 2 15:20:25 CEST 2016

Hi All,

Looking for some guidance on debugging and also reporting a bug.

First off I can't seem to find any information on reproducing the ubuntu
16.04 build with debug symbols, I do have a core file I'd like to
introspect to potentially provide a patch.

Secondly the bug report itself:

I am receiving a segfault signal 11 when one or more machines share a
*Address* specific IP.
For various reasons in our deployment case we have a special Wired VLAN IP
address for connecting to PCs that is shared. Normally machines are only
connected via Wifi.
There is a backup options for connecting where tinc still needs to function
for various reasons and over the wired connection.

Sometimes there is a case where the secondary fallback Address is used and
a segfault occurs.

Example host file for HOSTA:

Address = HOSTA

Address = 10.254.254.1

<snip key>

Example host file for :

Address = HOSTB
> Address = 10.254.254.1
> <snip key>

Relevant Syslog:

Jun  1 18:10:09 HOSTA tinc.robotvpn[6844]: Peer 10.254.254.1 port 655 is
> HOSTA instead of HOSTB
> Jun  1 18:10:09 HOSTA tinc.robotvpn[6844]: Error while processing ID from
> HOSTB (10.254.254.1 port 655)
> Jun  1 18:10:09 HOSTA tinc.robotvpn[6844]: Got fatal signal 11
> (Segmentation fault)

If either compiling in debug can help decode the core file or more detailed
log information is available I can look to supply a patch or further
information.

Thanks,

--
Mike O'Driscoll