Cross-compiling tinc 1.1 for Windows

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Tue Sep 1 22:58:52 CEST 2015

On Tue, Sep 01, 2015 at 02:22:50PM -0600, Lance Fredrickson wrote:

> I've managed to compile tinc with ncurses for the top command using script.
> https://github.com/lancethepants/tinc-Windows/blob/master/tinc.sh
>
> I haven't had any success making a working tinc.exe with readline included.
> It appears to compile fine, but when I run 'tinc -n vpn' it display the
> shell prompt, then immediately kicks out of the shell back to the terminal.
> I'd be interested in seeing how you compiled readline.
>
> The official binaries from what I can tell don't have readline. At least
> when I hit TAB for autocomplete it doesn't work. Don't know if it's expected
> to work in Windows cmd shell  though.

Hm yes, I do indeed --disable-readline when configuring for Windows. I
think I had the same problem that libreadline compiles and links but
doesn't work correctly. Searching the web a bit I find reports of
similar problems. Another approach would be to try a different
readline-compatible library, like MinGWEditLine.