Cross-compiling tinc 1.1 for Windows

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Tue Sep 1 16:22:10 CEST 2015

On Tue, Sep 01, 2015 at 03:20:13PM +0200, Martin_Kaufman at web.de wrote:

> >Yes, getting ncurses to work on Windows can be tricky.
>
> I managed to cross-compile readline and termcap, and was able to link tinc against that.
> Thank you for your help!
>
> I also added "--prefix="C:/Program\ Files/tinc/", but that does not quite do the trick, I get error messages like:
>
> ~/tinc>tinc.exe top
> Could not open pid file C:/Program Files/tinc/etc\tinc\pid: No such file or directory
>
> When specifying the correct config dir by passing "-c <PATH>", everything works as expected, though.

Ah, you should run ./configure it with:

--sysconfdir='C:/Program\ Files' --localstatedir='C:/Program\ Files/tinc' --prefix='C:/Program\ Files/tinc'

However, if you use the tinc installer, it will set the registry entry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\tinc to the string "C:\Program Files\tinc",
and then the tinc binaries will pick that up and use that regardless of
what default paths you specified using the configure script. You can
also set that registry entry by hand using regedit.exe.