Tinc GUI Frontend?

Coyo Stormcaller coyo at darkdna.net
Tue Mar 17 06:33:45 CET 2015

Tinc looks like a wonderful VPN tool, potentially a great alternative to
the zero-configuration Hamachi and similar services. Tunngle, NeoRouter,
Remobo and Comodo EasyVPN are also in the zero-configuration LAN VPN
category.

But none come close to the freedom, flexibility and security of Tinc. If
only Tinc had a GUI or even a command line configuration tool to
generate and manage the Tinc configuration files so someone who wasn't a
network engineer who knew how to calculate subnets could use Tinc, it
would blast Hamachi and the others clear out of the water.

I'm no coder. I have tried to learn C, and I simply don't have the gift
for programming. I enjoy writing simple crap like IRC bots in python,
perl, ruby, object pascal, common lisp, lua, tcl, php (i'm a masochist),
erlang, golang, nodejs, haskell (i'm insane as a result), d and java,
but I'm no coder. I can't handle anything more complex than a simple IRC
bot. Anything with the complexity of a command line tool and I just
don't have the gift.

Please, someone, make this happen. I know NOTHING about writing GUI
interfaces or frontends for things like Tinc, and while I'd prefer
someone write it in Qt5, anything is better than nothing.

Thank you for your time and patience, and thank you in advance for any
wisdom, advice, assistance or insults.