tinc 1.1 - Improve Hostname Support

William Kennington william at wkennington.com
Mon Aug 25 08:38:59 CEST 2014

Currently, the tinc application which is part of tinc 1.1 does not support
the ability to handle `Name = $HOST` lines in tinc.conf. This set of
patches refactors get_name in order to be able to support this
configuration option in the tinc binary.

After having read through the codebase, it seems like we could really do
for a heavy refactoring as there is a lot of poorly coupled and duplicated
code. Unfortunately I don't have much time at the moment to look into a
better fix for these issues. I'll probably start hacking on the codebase in
the coming weeks to fix up the builds.

Best,
William