nearly-tickless-tinc

Loïc Grenié loic.grenie at gmail.com
Sun May 29 19:43:54 CEST 2011

    Hi,

    tinc has a fixed timeout of 1 second for select() in the main
  loop. I think this could be improved. Do you think the following
  patch goes into the right direction ?

     I don't know whether pselect() is standard enough (works under
  "current" linux, however I don't know about the other arches). Maybe
  a config option is necessary.

     It's probably possible to simplify at least signal handling (I've
  tried to keep SIGHUP and SIGALRM blocking as they are,
  however I suspect that tincd unblocks those signals at the
  beginning or, at least, does not modify their blocking while
  running). It is also undoubtedly possible to improve the patch
  in other ways.

     Tell me if you are interested and whether I should modify
  anything.

     Thanks a lot,

           Loïc

PS: patch against 1.0.14