Newer zlib?

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Sat Jun 12 12:20:18 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 10:47:29PM -0400, Michael Adams wrote:

> I was looking up zlib files for another project, and noticed zlib
> was updated significantly this Spring, particularly in March & April
> of 2010. Any plans to recompile tinc to use it?
>
> http://www.zlib.net/

No. As mentioned on the download page, static binaries and packages other than
the source package are not supported. You should recompile it yourself if you
think it is necessary. But I do not think tinc will gain much from the latest
version.

Of course, if you are using a Linux distribution like Debian unstable, you do
not need to do anything, the new zlib will be installed on upgrade and the
dynamically linked tincd binary will automatically use it.