Local address announces

Daniel Schall Daniel-Schall at web.de
Tue Jul 20 11:35:28 CEST 2010

Hi Guus, hi all,

please find attached a proposed feature implementation for tinc.

As mentioned in http://www.tinc-vpn.org/pipermail/tinc/2010-May/002344.html
, my goal was to connect nodes on the same LAN using their local (LAN)
endpoints.

I've implemented a multicast sender, which announces its own endpoint on
every connected interface regularly.

All nodes receiving multicast packets send an answer to the sender with
their own endpoint address.

To ensure authenticated packets, the multicast answer has to be signed using
the HMAC of the sender.

I'd appreciate if you could take your time to look through my source code
and give me feedback.

This implementation was tested on Windows 7 running Mingw and Ubuntu 10.04.

By the way, do you guys have any idea, why my binary on Mingw gets that huge
(about 2.5 MB)?

I'm using "./configure" and "make", nothing more..

Best,

Daniel Schall