Multiple connections

Manuel Guesdon mguesdon+tinc at oxymium.net
Mon Nov 3 13:29:44 CET 2008

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 13:19:33 +0100
"Jeroen Vriesman" <linuxificator at gmail.com> wrote:
>| over the vpn you can make as much connections as you want, multiple vpn's
>| are possible with different port numbers.

Yes, I've explored multiple tincd instances concept and trunking/bonding but
I've found that the best solution to have a deep control on which packets
goes to which vpn (which link) depending on packet type, link bandwith usage,
etc will be to manage this directly in a single tinc instance.
My need is to aggregate multiple links (with potentially different bandwith
and prefered usage) and manage QoS on them.

Manuel

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 1:16 PM, Manuel Guesdon
>| <mguesdon+tinc at oxymium.net<mguesdon%2Btinc at oxymium.net>
>| > wrote:
>|
>| > Hi,
>| >
>| > I'd like to establish multiple direct connections between 2 hosts. As far
>| > as
>| > I can see, tinc doesn't allow this (when a new connection come, the old one
>| > is
>| > closed).
>| > Is seach features maybe integrated to tinc ?
>| >
>| > What is the status of 2.0 svn branch ?
>| >
>| > Thx.
>| >
>| > Manuel

Cordialement,