Almost working

RAT net dcratnet at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 22:14:26 CEST 2007

Dev-Cpp is a IDE that can be used with MinGW and GCC but its causing problems.

I installed MinGW since I am used to ./configure type builds but im unsure if this is a tinc issue or OpenSSL issue. I installed openssl 0.9.8e and I get to the following,

$./configure
checking openssl/evp.h usability... yes
checking for openssl/engine.h... yes
checking for SHA1_version in -lcrypto... no
configure: error: OpenSSL libraries not found.

dc at IBM-LAPTOP /c/tincdevel/tinc
$

I did however get it to compile successfully in Cygwin but it would load with a "Invalid name for myself." error.

Thanks
Dan Powers

Guus Sliepen <guus at tinc-vpn.org> wrote: On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 01:35:07PM -0700, RAT net wrote:

> I have been trying to compile tinc on Dev-Cpp for some time. Is there anywhere that can point me to some hints or a howto? Ive been looking for a few days now. If I can do it, I'd be willing to write a how-to doc if it does not exist.
>
> Im apparently missing system.h, pidfile.h, avl_tree.h, ipv6.h.

These files are in the lib/ directory.

I don't know about Dev-Cpp. You should be able to compile it in a
regular MinGW environment using just "./configure; make". Of course, you
might need to add extra options to ./configure to specify the location
of the zlib, LZO and OpenSSL libraries.

     Guus Sliepen

       Shape Yahoo! in your own image.  Join our Network Research Panel today!http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48517/*http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7 hot CTA = Join our Network Research Panel