NAT and UDP

Andreas andreas at unstable.nl
Tue Mar 27 02:41:22 CEST 2007

I have 2 hosts, A and B. B is behind a NAT.
TCP works, but when I attempt to use UDP, the following messages appears
on A:

Received UDP packet from unknown source x.x.x.x port 10192

This is not the port specified in the configuration, but I don't really
understand why tinc should care about that. The security shouldn't depend
on IP and port numbers, but on the crypto (MAC etc). So why not remove this
check from net_packet.c? (I'm referring to the last lines of said file.)

I wanted to try and comment it out, but unfortanetely I can't compile tinc yet
(OpenBSD). I'll investigate.

--
    -- Andreas	[ http://unstable.nl ] ( O3IXI8E0OC )