tincctl patches

Scott Lamb slamb at slamb.org
Sat Jul 21 22:50:07 CEST 2007

(Second try to send this. I wonder if the first one gotten eaten by a
spam filter; I'll link to patches instead of attaching them.)

Here are the tincctl patches I've been working on. They apply to
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/svn/tinc/branches/1.1@1545. I intend to commit
them once the crypto stuff's fixed. Since they're basically done, I'm
emailing them now for review and in case I lose my hard drive or something.

They implement a pretty full set of tincctl operations. A few notes:

* I removed most of the weirder signal handlers - didn't see much use
for them once this was added.

* I put in a binary protocol for sending request/responses. Maybe
overkill, but I wanted something that would convey error status and
message boundaries.

* I also removed the GraphDumpFile configuration option. I think now it
makes more sense to do this sort of thing with a cron job based on
"tincctl -n NET dump graph".

http://www.slamb.org/tmp/tincctl-patches/0001-Update-documentation-to-match-tincctl-changes.patch
http://www.slamb.org/tmp/tincctl-patches/0002-Fancier-protocol-for-control-socket.patch
http://www.slamb.org/tmp/tincctl-patches/0003-Avoid-Linux-only-credential-based-pid-passing.patch