Bugginess since crypto changes

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Fri Jul 20 23:46:13 CEST 2007

On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 10:45:59AM -0700, Scott Lamb wrote:

> I'm looking over the tinc-1.1 branch again. I'm getting some errors that
> I haven't been able to track down yet. tinc sometimes crashes either on
> its own (I think after a timeout has fired?) or when I
> hit ctrl-C. I've seen a few different behaviors in particular, as
> reported by valgrind. Dumps below.
>
> I suspected the bufferevent changes, but I haven't gotten any revision
> before 1550 to crash. Looks like revisions 1546 and up started adding
> new crypto code, but 1550 was the first to actually use it. 1550
> definitely crashes.
>
> How well-tested is this stuff? Have you seen crashes like this?

I must admit that it worked ok until the last commits. At the moment I
have no time to look at it in detail. If you want, you can join #tinc on
irc.oftc.net, there are other people trying to work with the 1.1 branch
(mjt is one). If you can't find the problem but if you want to keep on
developing in the 1.1 branch, feel free to back out the latest changes.

Thank you for working on tinc again! I hope I have some more time myself
in two or three weeks.