Forcing tinc to use aes-128 cipher

tinc tinc at alteredrurality.com
Wed Jun 29 22:51:24 CEST 2005

I am trying to get tinc to use aes-128-cbc for it's encryption algorythm for network traffic.   So far, I'm not having any luck.   I've tried putting it into the tinc.conf
file, and it  turns out that tinc is ignoring that code completely.  I'm using tinc 1.0.4 (in TCP mode).  Openssl version 0.9.7d.  I've made some initial investigation
into the source, and in net_setup.c I found a spot where EVP_get_cipherbyname was being called, and that call is being skipped, no matter what I have in the
tinc.conf file.  So, I changed the default a few lines down where myself->connection->cipher = EVP_bf_cbc();  to EVP_aes_128_cbc();  and I am still not getting
aes ecryption. Is there any light you can shine on my problem?

Thanks,
Jon Howard
tinc at alteredrurality.com