an other usage example

Florian Reitmeir lists at reitmeir.org
Thu Jan 20 23:41:19 CET 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Guus Sliepen wrote:

> > Versus OpenVPN there are some major gainings:
> > 	- every router has ONE ip Adress in the whole vpn, so its easy to configure
> > 		a correct DNS
> > 	- every router only has to know his local config.
> I don't see what is so nice about the 172.120.121.0/24 subnet where the
> routers live. Why use it at all? Router A in your example probably
> already has the IP address 10.100.20.1 on its LAN. You can use that IP
> address on the VPN as well. Anyway, there are lots of ways to set up a
> (virtual private) network, the example from the website is but one of
> them, and everyone has his own taste of course.
yes, in our case there is the problem, that for various reasons we use
192.168, 10.200, 172.120 /24 subnets for our VPNs and there is no way of
changing  the IPs. When is understand correctly with the configurations you
use all VPNs are Subnets of one BIG VPN-Net. Its just not the case.

> In any case, the tinc daemons only need to know their local config, and
> only require the host config file of other tinc daemons if they
> ConnectTo them. In the example on the website it says all hosts share
> all the host config files, but that's just convenience.
how stable is the gnu-tls version?

--
Dipl.-Inf. Univ. Florian Reitmeir                     http://net.multi24.com/

Josef-Schweinester-Str.1                              Tel: +43 526 266166
6412 St. Georgen / Austria                            Fax: +43 526 266166 -10