feature request? user-mode tinc

david nicol whatever at davidnicol.com
Fri Nov 28 05:19:25 CET 2003

I have an account on a server, where I do not
have access to root or kernel rebuilds on a *BSD box.

I am setting up tinc VPN in several other servers.

I would like to establish a tinc node on my virtual server
and have the node relate to other programs on my server
via UNIX sockets.

Does such a tool (or tool-kit) exist, to allow me to run a
tinc-compatible VPN node completely in user mode?  I guess
ideally, the tool would work something like inetd or xinetd
for listening and would provide an API for mapping remotes
connections to file-system sockets.

( I want to carry SQL traffic over the link.)

--
david nicol "I'll be working, working; but if you come visit I'll
put down what I'm doing: my friends are important" -- David Byrne

TINC development list, tinc-devel at nl.linux.org
Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/tinc-devel/