tinc

Ivo Timmermans zarq at zebra.icicle.yi.org
Sun May 28 23:07:50 CEST 2000

Viraj Alankar wrote:
> 	I've successfully setup tinc-1.0pre1 but I notice on my firewall
> that it requires fragmented UDP packets to be let in in order to work
> properly. Is there any way to avoid this?

[ This is true.  We don't inherit the DF (Don't Fragment) flag onto the
UDP data, so path MTU discovery doesn't work.  We have to fix this. ]

Yes, you can avoid this by lowering the MTU value for your tap device.
You can do it this way:

	ifconfig tap0 mtu 1448

1448 is the highest value you can set so that UDP packets don't get
fragmented.

--
Ivo Timmermans

Deja moo: the feeling you've heard this bullshit before.