debian-perl-init.d and redhat

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.warande.net
Tue May 23 11:19:15 CEST 2000

On Mon, 22 May 2000, Mads Kiilerich wrote:

> The debian-specific (?) start-stop-daemon is used. It uses its
> own pid-file handling instead of the one build into tinc. Bug or
> feature?

Bug. Tinc's built-in feature works better (from experience). When things
get messed up (which is normally the reason to start using those scripts),
start-stop-daemon sometimes fails to kill the right daemon.

> "old" ifconfig and route commands are used instead of iproute
> commands. Bug or feature?

Feature. Although I favour iproute for my own personal use, ifconfig is
more portable, and we don't need any of the extra functionality iproute
offers.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Guus Sliepen.

---