New config directive VpnMask

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.warande.net
Tue May 16 16:45:16 CEST 2000

Hello Mads,

In case you never saw any mail from me, I'm tinc's co-author. It would be
helpful if you'd subscribe to the tinc developpers mailing list. It's not
high volume, but it eases communication.

There's a problem with tinc's boot scripts (at least the debian one, but
that's fixed now). The netmask of the tap devices should be larger than
the one specified with MyOwnVPNIP, because it must accept packets that are
destined for other subnets. We have a new directive that goes into
tinc.conf, VpnMask. Suppose our TOTAL vpn is 10.1.x.x/16, and our own
subnet is 10.1.1.x/24, this should go into tinc.conf:

MyOwnVPNIP = 10.1.1.1/24
VpnMask = 255.255.0.0

Ivo asked me to inform you about this, so you could adapt the RedHat boot
scripts.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Guus Sliepen.

---