Testing 1.0pre2 from CVS

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.warande.net
Sat Jun 24 20:25:30 CEST 2000

On Sat, 24 Jun 2000, [ISO-8859-1] Axel Müller wrote:

> > Try to do "cvs -r CABAL checkout tinc", to make sure you are using the
> > right revision. If you still cannot find "indirectdata" in any of the
> > files in src/, you're doing something wrong.

> Got the new code containing the "indirectdata" feature.
> Since files like "configure" etc. are not conatined in CVS I extracted the
> 1.0pre2 archive and replaced the files in src by those I got via CVS.
> The resulting tinc was running on my machine whereas the far end (VPN
> server) was running 1.0pre2 for this test. I did no modifications to
> tinc.conf - everything was left like it is running with tinc 0.3.3.
> Anyway - Luck wasn't on my side as log messages of the local tinc show:
> (I tried to ping 192.168.9.1, which is the VPN-IP of the peer.)

You have to call ./autogen.sh instead of ./configure. Autogen will create
all missing files, and pass the command line options to
./configure. Furthermore, you must replace ALL tinc daemons with the new
version since I had to break the previous protocol. However, if you've
already done the latter, please tell me (I missed something in that case).

  Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.warande.net>
See also: http://tinc.nl.linux.org/
          http://www.kernelbench.org/

---