key regen prob

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.warande.net
Tue Apr 25 20:22:58 CEST 2000

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Mike MacNeill wrote:

> > How do you know that? What are the symptoms?

> I was pumping through data to test it and it was putting through about
[...]
> 18 hours now with no problems.

Ah... we'll look into that :)

> > Well... first all strange segfaults have stopped (checks for NULL pointers
> > everywhere now), and tinc works for networks with more than 3 hosts
> > correctly. I don't think it will fix the key regeneration bug though.

Hmz "all" is a little optimistic here...

> Are you working on cabal or echelon?

Both, but everything in this email has to do with cabal.

> > Bugs left:

> > - don't send structs directly (you never know when gcc will rearrange
> >   them). Best would to sprintf() the structs and then write the string
> >   to the socket. That also immediately fixes the host byte order
> >   problem.

zarq: unless we break the protocol fixing this is going to be really
tough!

Okay so another bug to add to the list:

- key regeneration segfaults after a few times.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Guus Sliepen.

---
TINC development list, tinc-devel at nl.linux.org